Host Home Provider Opportunites
A Host Home Provider is an independent contractor who opens their home and heart to an adult with a developmental disability.
We’re looking for patient and compassionate people and families who are interested in:
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment
- Supporting the unique needs of an individual with a developmental disability
- Including people with disabilities in their local community
- Being an advocate and communicating with other providers and family members
- Providing emotional and behavioral support in times of crisis
Depending on the individual, supports will likely include support with personal care and hygiene, meal planning and cooking, medications, recreation and leisure activities in and out of the home, transportation, shopping and more. During the day individuals typically work or attend a day program and many host home providers are still able to work full or part time jobs while others stay home and provide support full time.
Training provided in:
- Medication administration
- Rights, Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation
- Background check for everyone in the home over age 18
- HUD Inspection of the home
- Phone, computer and internet in the home
- Separate bedroom
- Good fit between the family and individual with a disability
- CNA, LPN or RN license
- Experience with problematic behavior or mental health
- Wheelchair accessible homes
- Since all host home providers are independent contractors, they do not receive benefits.
Compensation for can range from $1,000 to $4,000 per month, mostly tax-exempt. The higher end of this range would be for someone with intense behavioral or medical needs.
Please download and complete our Host Home Provider Application and submit it to Michelle Szydlowski: email@example.com. We don’t always have a need for a host home provider but are happy to keep your application on file for when a need does arise.